His work brings together high quality research, creative insights and hard-won experience to formulate campaign strategy, tactical advice and communications. He works with a select group of clients at any one time to ensure quality and service is maintained. Jim is pollster for The SMH and The Age, is a veteran of 20 general elections (with a record of 16 wins and 2 hung parliaments to just 2 losses) and has worked on numerous research-driven campaigns in recent years; as pollster for Yes Equality (same-sex marriage vote) and Indigenous recognition in Australia; and, on various tax, legislation and funding campaigns worldwide.
Before creating Resolve, Jim was Group Director of Research & Strategy at C|T Group (formerly Crosby|Textor) and Senior Research Director at Newgate Communications.
Jim is a member of the Australian Market & Social Research Society (AMSRS) and has Qualified Professional Researcher (QPR) status. As a leader in his field, he regularly contributes to industry journals and conferences on specialist research topics - he is pollster for The SMH and The Age, and has written or been interviewed by the ABC, Nine and News Ltd. on polling and campaigns.
- We deliver…
- Always reliable. We do what we say we can do. When Resolve say we will deliver, we will.
- Always there. When you need us, we will be there – we will pick up the phone because it will be critical to you one day that we do.
- Always fast. In a true crisis, an answer that’s 80% right delivered quickly is better than one that is 100% right delivered late, but Resolve knows that faster delivery is always appreciated.
- Always quality. We do not do ‘cheap and nasty’ or a ‘dirty robo poll’, so do not ask. Resolve’s clients know they will always get quality, and so will the stakeholders and audiences with whom it will be used.
- Always bespoke. Every client and every problem is different, and so too must be the solution. Resolve does not sell branded cookie-cutter products. Everything is designed for and tailored to you.
- Always insightful. We do not provide reems of text and charts. Resolve focuses on the insights that help our clients to succeed, including practical advice and creative deliverables, delivered succintly.
- Always practical. We are not academics, researching for the sake of knowledge or debating theory. We look to maximise the practical outcomes for our clients at every stage.
- Always loyal. If you engage us, we will work in your best interest. Full stop.
- Always honest. We will tell you the truth. If you do not want to hear the truth, Resolve is not for you.
- Always impartial. We will represent our clients, regardless of their industry, issue or ideology.
- Always discrete. We do not talk about our private clients. Ever. You will trust Resolve with sensitive issues, and we will not betray that trust through gossip and self-promotion. Contact us now to find out more.